1. You genuinely don’t understand why people have so much trouble finding books.
2. People ask if you know the best study spots in the library. OBVIOUSLY you do, but you’ll never tell.
3. You’ve gotten to the point where you’ll dance in the stacks while you shelve books and do not care if someone sees you.
4. When you have a late shift and your supervisor has you shelf reading or shelving in the basement
5. You know the feeling when one of your friends starts walking over to the desk
6. Until you start talking to them about weekend plans and then they say “So I’m looking for this book for my history class?”
7. Your crush will approach the desk with a huge stack of books and you’ll pray the system doesn’t work so they have to make small talk
8. You’ve had to push an old, loud, awful wooden cart through a quiet room at least once
9. And someone you know probably took a snapchat of you doing it
10. It probably ended up in some groupmes. And on facebook.
10. Someone will check out a book and one look at the title will make you feel inadequate.
11. At some point, a professor that made your life a living hell for a semester will approach the desk and you have to muster all your strength not to be an a**hole to them
12. When someone comes over to the desk and asks if you can get a book for them
13. You’ve probably thought that staying at school and working over a short break was a good idea
14. And then when you had no human contact for 4 days you realized how stupid that was
15. That feeling when you’re finally entrusted with the library golf cart so you can drive books around campus
16. You’ve inevitably had to go to work hungover at some point.
16. Even though you have a love/hate relationship with the library, you know it’s the best job any college student could have.